Sunday, July 19, 2015

"HerName's Song" by SisterNotSo

A year ago, I had a MAJOR falling out with a friend. She was a great source of support in the first few months of my separation. I am grateful and will always be grateful for her support during those horribly painful months. (I am so good at compartmentalization.)

But then stuff happened. Lies spread. Judgment was cast. Voices were raised. Deception blackened our friendship and I stood up to her. Instead of laying low, hoping to just blend into the background, I aimed back when she put me in her sites. I did experience some recoil from my aim, because I was not smart enough to duck from the scope. I fixed it the best I could and I learned. And I have moved on.


I am quite indifferent a year later, but an incident happened recently that very briefly had her dip a toe in my life-path. A calm and direct voice told her to not talk to me and I walked away. I was not angry, I just could not believe the audacity she had to talk to me after all the crap she had pulled.


I wrote this poem later that night. This was very cathartic. It helped me release some anger I unconsciously was harboring. The poem is mean. The poem is nasty. The poem is crude and uses vulgar language. Do not proceed any further if this kind of thing would bother you and effect our relationship. That being said, one last warning...


***Language Warning for the Faint of Heart***

"HerName's Song"

True friendship,
I thought it was.
Everything disclosed. 
No secrets untouched.

Tears shed on
supported shoulders.
Then life happened,
and you become colder.

It was always there. 
I would just lay low.
Your hate directed
to others you know.

Then I was the one
you put in your sites.
And you let at me
because of your sick spite.

F*** you Bitch
And all that you've done.
Your lies. Your deception.
From your forked tongue.
And when Karma comes to kick your ass,
I'll be the first to pay you back.

Your Disorder.
Your sickness. Your pain.
You take it out on others.
You let your hate reign.

Another puppet
for your sick little game.
Another number as a
false win you'd claim.

And when you crash
from the shit you've done,
I will just laugh,
because I've moved on.

F*** you Bitch
And all that you've done.
Your lies. Your deception.
From your forked tongue.
And when Karma comes to kick your c***
I'll be first to take that punt.

No comments:

Post a Comment