Saturday, October 1, 2011

Crunching Numbers

The data I used for this calculation comes straight from the Church's website.

Here's a couple of interesting things to note:


Membership                                                14,131,467
Value of Humanitarian Aide Since 1985       $1.3 Billion


So lets do some math:


1,300,000,000 / 25 years of humanitarian aid = $52,000,00/year.


$52,000,000 / 14,131,467 members = $3.67/member/year of what is contributed from their tithing to humanitarian aid


Things to consider: What the Church has contributed to humanitarian aid each year regarding to the actual membership of that year.


Other things to consider: 25,000 people die EACH DAY (both adults and children) due to hunger.


And on a different note: 2 new temples are to be built in the Republic of Congo and South Africa. 


...and THIS is why I can't leave it alone.

1 comment:

  1. This doesn't trouble me because I see the funds of the church going to feed and nourish body and spirit. I can see how it is upsetting to you. You have a big heart. I don't understand why so many came in this world destined to leave it starving, but some day in this life or more likely the next, I know I'll get an explanation for which I am looking.

    ReplyDelete